Sunday, January 2, 2011

Our Christmas 2010

This Christmas had a lot of firsts. It was Carter's first Christmas, our first Christmas together as our own little family, first Christmas without our extended family, and first Christmas in Germany. Also last Christmas Nathan was in Iraq so it was extra special to be together for this one. I am not going to pretend that I wasn't a little sad that we didn't (and still don't) have our household goods yet, and our tree had not one ornament, and our Christmas box never came in the mail in time (and still hasn't made it yet) but we made the best of it and we had a wonderful Christmas. The older I get the more and more I think about the true meaning of Christmas, it was fun to be able to read about Christ's birth to Carter and feel the true meaning of Christmas.

Our Christmas morning started out like this. It had snowed all day for the past two days, and almost all day on Christmas. It was a white Christmas! This picture was taken out of my kitchen window.
We then made these cinnamon rolls with sausage and orange juice. It's tradition in both of our families for Christmas morning to have either these or monkey rolls. Nate and I ate every single one in about two hours, no lie.
Carter enjoying not what was in the wrapping of course, but the wrapping. We still haven't thrown away the wrapping paper (it's made out of some kind of foil) for Carter to play with. Thanks Kim! :)
We had a relaxing day just the three of us. I was doing something in the other room and Nathan called for me to come in the room and this is what I found, Carter was just staring at Nate with his hand on his face for like three minutes. It was so cute!
Every few hours Nate had to go out and shovel the snow on our sidewalk. It's a law here that you have to shovel your snow because if someone gets hurt on your property you can be in big trouble, even on Christmas!
At 3 pm in the afternoon our time, our families woke up for their Christmas. We were excited to skype with them, it almost felt like we were there. This computer was our early Christmas present we gave to ourselves.
And these two pictures are what Carter got for Christmas. Carter working his flexibility skills to get the toy, he has now learned how to turn the seat around to get to it instead of bending backwards.
It was a great first Christmas here in Germany with my cute boys. I wouldn't have had it any other way. I hope everyone had a great Christmas as well. I still can't believe it's over!

2 comments:

Derek & Penny said...

Carter is getting so big. :) I loved the pictures and we really miss you guys!

Jessica :) said...

I love that photo of Nathan with Carter just touching his cheek and staring at him! So sweet! I'm so glad you were able to spend Christmas together. I'm sure it was a special holiday! Enjoy Germany!