I hope he had a good birthday. We walked about a mile away to eat at a little Italian restaurant and of course it was closed, but we had a fun walk talking about "wow, we're taking a walk in Germany" or "do you think when German's look at us they know we're American" or "we for sure need to get another stroller, these wheels are not made for cobblestone" things like that. I thought for his birthday it would be appropriate for us to watch one of my favorite movies, "13 going on 30" he didn't think that was a good idea. Later that night, we had a few people over from Nate's work and we had cake and ice cream.
In tribute to my special 30 year old man, I thought I would list 30 reasons why I just love him so much. This won't take long, I could go on forever.
1- He is the most selfless person on the planet. He always, always puts other people's needs before his.
2- His upper lip, Carter got this from him, so cute.
3-Sense of humor, he always knows how to lighten the mood.
4-Muscular, his arms had me at hello. I was not attracted to men that had girly hands and arms, I like to see that they can hold me and keep bad people away with their muscular arms, and he has them!
5-Awesome dad. He will do anything for our little guy.
6-His pigeon toed walk. His feet turn inward when he walks, I love it.
7-Super smart.
8-Great googler. If there is a question I can't figure out, he can find it for me. Example: yesterday I was cooking his birthday cake, I still can't figure out our little oven because it has weird gadgets and the manuel is in german, he was able to find out what our oven can do. Cake turned out awesome.
9-His patience with me. Oh how I could go on and on about this one. But I will name one, if we watch a movie he will usually let me pick a chick-flick. Great man that he is.
10-Will let me spend money on ANYTHING. He never questions me, if I want or need it, he doesn't care. As long as I don't put us in the hole he's ok with it. (just so you know I am not a crazy spender so it's not like I swipe the credit card like crazy, just so you know)
11-Never, ever talks about himself. It seems like I am always the one that talks about him for him. There is this joke that goes "how do you know when a pilot walks in the room....he tells you" SO what I am trying to say is that he would never tell anyone that he flies the Blackhawk, it's ME that tells people, so the joke should go "how do you know when a pilot walks in the room....his wife will tell you" bahaha, I just think my husband has the most awesomest job ever and sometimes I think you should tell people, not to brag of course, but I am just extremely PROUD of him.
12- He's the coolest guy around.
13- He loves to travel. Wants to see the world and he takes me with him.
14- Helps me with anything. On Christmas Eve he helped me bake and frost sugar cookies. I love a man in the kitchen. :)
15- Never talks bad about anyone. Always looks at the positive in anyone, even if they are a little weird he always points out something nice about them.
16-He never complains. Seriously...never. In Iraq he worked HARD. Not only was he flying but he did another job that worked him 14 hours a day. He never complained but said it helped the time go by fast.
17-He's affectionate.
18-He serves His country willingly. He would be the first to go if they said they needed him to go next week. Now this is where I come in and say NOOOOO...I want to be better and be like him.
19-He tries to understand me even if I can't explain it to him, or even understand myself. He will hide his cute smile and listen to what I need to say.
20-His laugh.
21-Teasing. Oh the teasing. He will tease anyone that is under three feet. (not midgets, I mean children)
22-His testimony.
23-His love for ugly cars. This sounds rude but it's true, he loves ugly cars. Remember in Alabama our red station wagon? He misses her. Now we have another station wagon until our car comes on the boat (more to come on that.) His dream is to own a Volkswagon bus. Yup.
24- Junk food. The man loves his Oreos and Doritos. There is a cookie here that is amazing. We have stocked up on them.
25-Never gets angry even when I think he should be.
26-Always positive. I love LOVE this about him. It's so refreshing to be around him.
27-He makes me feel so special.
28-Never gets mad at me. We now have bills (weird) and we have to pay for our utilities like normal people. I leave every light on and he is right behind me turning them off singing that country song "every light in the house is on"
29- Loves to read uplifting books.
30-The way he loves his family. He would do anything to make sure our family is taken care of and that we are happy. When we moved into our house (also more on that later) he made sure I was happy here, he said over and over that we could move and find something else, which is not easy here, but he would do it for me and Carter.
Happy Birthday Nathan Judd!!! You are the best 30 year old I know and you are not old. Carter and I love you a ton!
1 comment:
Happy late Birthday Mr. Nathan! I think watching 13 going on 30 is a perfect touch for a 30th bday! Hope it was great!
Post a Comment