Thursday, January 31, 2013

Watch Me Grow! 15 weeks

 Yesterday I reached my 15 week mark with twins! I really feel bigger then I look. I have felt the babies the last few days! It kind of scares me that there are two in there, but when I think it's just like two little Carter's then I am not as scared. I think pregnancy is amazing, what are bodies are capable of doing is really awesome. I just hope that it will hold these babies for as long as it can. I am for sure aware of pre-term labor, preclampsia, and everything that goes with a high risk pregnancy. But I am really trying hard not to think about that.

 I am not completely over morning sickness yet but I sure feel lots better than I used to. I love, love food. I've said earlier that cheeseburgers always sound so good at any given moment, I love salads with tons of italian dressing (I could drink it, gross huh?), and I always eat a bowl of cold cereal before bed. I read in my twin pregnancy book that having dairy before bed helps from your glucose levels from dropping because dairy dissolves slowly in your digestive tract so you don't wake up feeling nauseated. It actually works! It even suggests eating ice cream/shakes before bed. I am so for that too!

We find out next week what we are having! And Nathan will be here!!!! This will be the VERY FIRST ultrasound he has ever been to. He never got to come with me to any ultrasounds with Carter because he was in Iraq. So it will be so fun to have him see me pregnant (not over skype) and to be at one of the most exciting ultrasounds.

I had to put this picture below of Carter and his friend Huntley. We are watching her today and he has been so cute with her. Makes me excited to know he treats babies nice and loves them. So far no jealousy issues when I hold her. He will make a good big brother.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

On my goodness, Carter and Huntley look so cute together! He loves babies. You are going to have a little helper. I'm excited Nathan is coming, just in time to find out genders!

brooke.lynn.bingham said...

I love your blog! :)

Katie Webb said...

I'm so happy to hear things are going well. Thanks for sharing your story! I admire your strength and faith! Love you!