Thursday, February 12, 2009

We're going to...................
GERMANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nate graduates flight school April 1 and we can't wait. Lots of mixed emotions but overall really excited. It was our first choice of duty station but didn't think we would get it. What an adventure we will have! We will be there for three years. There are still lots of things we don't know yet but sure can't wait to have ALL of our questions answered. Yippeeeee we're going to Germany!!!!

25 comments:

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

Wow! This is huge!!! Congratulations!!! This makes me want to go to France with Sean so we can come visit you!!!! CONGRATS AGAIN! What an adventure!!!!

The Grandy's said...

Holy crap! I hope you are fresh in your German. That is so insane! If you need advice or have questions you should ask Laura Wood. They were stationed there for a long time.

Melanie said...

That is SO awesome!!! YAY! Congratulations!!! We might just have to make a Europe trip!

thejencooper said...

Yay! You updated your blog! Oh ya, and WHOO HOO again on Germany! I vill come oond vizit choo und vee vill eat zuh jermin food, ya?

Dawny said...

Holy cow, congratulations! I am so excited for you two! :-) And I have to admit, I am extremely jealous! I studied German for 2 years and I have always wanted to visit there. You will have so much fun! Can't wait to hear more details!

Aves said...

Congrats! We need to talk more! Miss you!

Michelle Hepworth said...

Yay! I am so excited for you! That will be an adventure!

The Patty Cake House said...

That is soooooooo fun!!!! I am so excited for you!!!!!!

Jamie said...

I still can't believe it- how can you live that far from me??! I'm excited for you, but sad for me!

Joe*Nikki said...

You guys, we are so excited for you. Joe even said that "we have to go visit them (you guys)." How fun would that be. If you have any questions Joe's parents lived there for about 3 years also, and they LOVED it! They have the best stories from Germany! Congrads!!

Kristi said...

YEAH!!! So exciting!

Justin and Ashley said...

Congratulations you guys! That is very very exciting! What a great adventure to share together!
-Ashley

Melissa & Jimmy said...

Yahoo! Congratulations. Germany, that is just AWESOME! We have two friends over there right now and I think you would love their wives...they are super sweet and fun. I'll send you their info. How fun for you guys! Can't wait to see pictures! Yahoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!

Angie said...

Congrats on Germany! you will have such a great adventure! I was hoping you would go to Kansas to live by us:) Wouldnt that be fun??? So good to hear from you, I really miss hanging out with you.. You sound like you are doing good though- we need to catch up- I will email you soon!

Nicole said...

Was? Ich warte für immer auf Sie, um Ihr blog zu aktualisieren und dann erklären Sie mir, daß Sie nach Deutschland umziehen! Für Deutschland zwar aufregen!
Translation:
What? I wait forever for you to update your blog and then you tell me you are moving to Germany! Exciting for Germany though!

Julie said...

Wow you guys!!! That's so exciting. Germany will be such an awesome place to live. If we have to go foreign, that would be one of our first choices.

The Healthy Nutcase said...

Mindy! I am sooo stink'n excited for you two. I know, you are probably freakin' out cause it is so far away but, girl, you will have the time of your life. you'll be able to make friends and you and Nate can go do tons of stuff. I'm sooooo jealous. Maybe we'll get to go too. :) Go to Smerf Land, ask me about it,(sooo cool!)

Jared and Jess said...

Congrats! I am excited for you!

Matt, Lorie, Roger said...

I appreciate your enthusiasm for Germany, although, I am deeply troubled that you are even leaving Alabama. I'll just stay in denial until I can't anymore.

Katie Webb said...

it takes a really long time for me to upload videos too. but if they are less than a minute long then it doesn't take AS long.

Katie Webb said...

oh, and about you moving to Germany, we all know how I feel about that...sniff sniff.

Heather said...

I'm so jealous! I would love to be stationed in Germany. They don't have the Kiowa there though. =(

Alan & Debbie said...

Wow, I really don't know what to say! I guess you better start brushing up on your German! I am really excited for you, but also kind of sad. This might sound funny where I don't live close to you right now, but I will miss you. I guess it makes it more final that I won't see you in a very long time. I hope that you continue your blog and keep us all up to date on your lives. Sure love ya!

Maycock Family said...

That is awesome! I sure will miss you! Although that means you will have to update your blog more often! J/K Love ya tons and good luck in your new adventure!

nicwoo said...

Wow! 1st choice! I'm always rooting for people getting their First choice :) What a Commitment- but what FUN!! Congrats