I think for most people, you wonder what your future child will look like. Before I was pregnant I would do fun internet sites that would combine mine and Nathan's faces to see what are children could possibly look like. Some turned out not so cute, some ok. Today I really got thinking what our little man could possibly look like. So I looked through family pictures. Below is my double cousin Jamie's/bff (our dad's are brothers, and our mom's are sisters) little boy, Brigham. Oh, I love this little guy. Now one thing I know for sure is that our baby will have cheeks, no doubt about it. Brigham for sure looks like my side of the family. I was born bald, so here is a thought. (don't you just want to kiss those cheeks?!)
This baby below is Nathan's sister Kristi's little boy, Crew. Also love him. His smile lights up my day. Nathan's baby pictures look so similiar to him. When he smiles I see Nathan. (also just want to kiss those cheeks!)

I saved this one for last because to me, and to lots of other people in our family this boy looks like a spitting image of a little Nathan. This is Nathan's brother Dave's little boy, Reeve. He is such a cute boy, and everyone just loves this kid. I can see our little boy as a toddler looking similiar to him.

But there could be a little twist. I posted pictures of our nephews that have close to mine and Nathan's coloring. Blue eyes, light skin, light hair. But my parents both have dark hair, darker eyes, (you can't tell on my dad, he went gray at an early stage of his life raising us five girls, but he once had dark hair) My mom has greenish-brownish eyes, my dad's are dark brown. I got my blue eyes and lighter skin from my grandpa.

So genetics seem to bounce around. My baby could come out looking nothing or very similiar to us. My mom always thought with me and my older sister that we would come out with lots of dark hair, but nope, bald as can be, with blue eyes. I think she wondered if we were really theirs at first. :) So the waiting game continues until we can kiss those cute cheeks! I can't wait!!!!
p.s. I can't believe we're almost in the middle of April! I love how fast time is flying.
12 comments:
I can't wait to see what he looks like!
I think all my kids have similarities but look completely different from each other. I hope your baby gets dimples, I LOVE dimples.
Time is flying! I can't wait to see that little baby! I love him already. Miss you!
I can't wait to see what he looks like, either! So exciting. Can't wait for this lil' man to make his appearance. :)
You never can tell what they will look like. I thought Jordan would look just like Josh, but ended up being a pretty good mix! Can't wait to see what your little man looks like, and can't wait to meet him when you guys move here!
Oh I know that feeling! The last part of the pregnancy that's all we thought about! =) Oh hey one more thing I wish I would have done while I was pregnant was learn lullabies. Lincoln doesn't mind that I make up the words or hum, but I wish I was more familiar with the lyrics of lullabies...
Genetics are crazy! You just never know what will show up. So fun to speculate though. =)
Whoever he comes out looking like... it will be stinkin cute!
Hey I like your family picture! Whoever took that is an amazing photographer!-Paul
I love that family pic at the end. Beautiful :)
I still think you are simply ADORABLE!!!!!! :)
I love that picture of your family how Nate is majorly posing. Love it!!!
Post a Comment