Sunday, October 17, 2010

One Year Ago

One year ago our lives changed. We were no longer going to be just two. Before we found out we were pregnant I was so doubtful about becoming a mother. I tried and was happy with where we were in our lives but adding to our family just couldn't leave my mind. While going through and after doing invitro I was still not hopeful. I had no faith. I learned that Heavenly Father gives us challenges in life for the better, not to see us suffer. It helps us grow. Nathan and I grew together as a couple while we were going through this challenge and I would not change a thing. When we knew I was pregnant we had two weeks to wait to find out how many eggs took. I looked and looked at this picture wondering if I was going to have three, or two, or one.
I will never know which one Carter was. I am so grateful for the challenges we went through to get Carter here. The main thing I learned from this is to have more faith in Him. One year can sure change your life, and we couldn't be happier.

5 comments:

Katie Webb said...

Mindy you are such a strong woman! Carter is so lucky to have you as a mother! You are so amazing to me!

Aves said...

Such a sweet post. Love and miss you Min. :)

The Patty Cake House said...

Love this!!!!! You are such a sweetheart and I could not be happier for you!!!!!

nicwoo said...

Amen.
<3

Jessica :) said...

I love that last pic of the two of you. It is so precious. I'm so glad you got to have Carter as a part of your life and that he gets you guys as parents. This is wonderful. May you have a wonderful upcoming year spending the time together as a family! :)