I have a lot of thoughts going around in my head and I need to write them down so I can remember these times of how grateful I am, not just because it's Thanksgiving, but because I have much to be thankful for.
First off, because I just sat down after putting Carter down for a nap, (that's right, my baby is a nap taker now) I would express how happy and grateful that he is taking a nap. When Carter was a newborn I think I read at least three different books on how to get your baby to sleep better, and in my case to even sleep at all! I think I have mentioned from time to time on my blog that Carter does not like to sleep. If he did sleep it would be 20 minute cat naps and at night waking up at least 5 times. I came to accept this way of his sleeping (sort of, in a non-functional way) and tried my best. I just kept saying that with my next child I will establish a better routine. Well, as of about two weeks ago I thought to myself "mindy, your baby is only five months old, you can still start a good routine with him, no giving up!, your the boss!" And that's what I did. I googled (ha, I love google) some good baby routines for five months old, picked a good one, changed it up a bit, and wa-la, my baby is taking a nap right now and he doesn't even cry when I put him down. And of course now that I am announcing it to the world, it will probably change, but at least I have it in writing somewhere that he was a nap taker at some point in his life. Night time is a different story but I hope to be thankful for that someday in my life.
Next, my husband! Oh my Nathan, nathan, nathan. :) He is in Germany now, just got done with a whole year deployment and is getting ready to board a plane to SLC in a few days. How can I even begin to express how happy I am that we are through with this and he made it out safe! I love that boy (can you tell?) so much, and am so grateful for the sacrifices he went through for our country and for our family.
Thirdly, a house in Germany that Nate signs for tomorrow! Nate just sent me pictures and I am in love with the kitchen. He knows how to get straight to my heart, he just has to find a house with a great kitchen and he's got it. Of course we are just renting from a German, not buying. It's a three bedroom. I am so excited for Carter to have his own bedroom and we can set up his crib that I bought for him when I was just a few months pregnant. I think he will sleep much better in his own room and not have to hear his mama snore. (I don't think I have gotten rid of the pregnancy snore, I have been reminded by two siblings that it's still there)
Fourth, my family. They have been such a great support while Nathan has been gone. They let me move back home, let us store our stuff in their basement, their support through my pregnancy, and helping me take care of Carter. I don't know how I am going to take Carter away without them hiding him. :) It's such a bitter-sweet time for them. They are so excited to have Carter finally be with his dad, but they will be so sad to see him go. They remind me from time to time they will miss me too. :) I tell them that we will skype everyday and he will always remember who is grandparents and aunts are.
It's crazy how fast time flies, I feel like I was just saying that I hope time flies...as of next week, it can slow way down. It's going to be a great Thanksgiving!
5 comments:
I get teary-eyed every time I read about Nate coming home! That is so exciting, what a sweet moment when you can all be together. Good luck!
I love this! I hope Carter continues to be a nap taker and I can't really express in words how happy I am that Nathan is home safe. I hope your family has a WONDERFUL Thanksgiving together.
Oh we are so happy for you three! I am so glad you will all be together for Thanksgiving. We are so grateful for your service to our country! Your sacrifices help keep America and other countries safe! We love you all!
I heard you guys might be heading to WA? When will you be around?
YAAAAYYYY!!!!! I am so happy for you guys! I can't wait for you to all be together again!!! Can you believe this year is FINALLY over?! Oh. my. goodness. Yayyy!!!
Post a Comment