Monday, November 8, 2010

Days to look forward to

Since Nathan and I have been married I have felt like there has always been something to look forward to...something to always count down the days. We have been separated a lot in our marriage and I think that after this deployment we will be close to almost being apart more than being together. But of course it has made us stronger as a couple and we get to have many second honeymoons. :) I thought I would re-cap some events in our marriage life of things that we have looked forward to.
In December of 2006, Nathan and I graduated from BYU-I together. We were so excited to be done with school and start our next phase in life. Before we graduated Nathan told me he wanted to join the military and become a helicopter pilot. Me, growing up with having practically no knowledge or experience with the military cried my little eyes out. I wanted to just stay put in Idaho or Utah and build a home and know our neighbors for years and years. Nathan told me to pray about it....and a few days later WE (mostly him, but I play a big part in it too) joined the military. Nathan left in February 2007 for basic training where he was there for four months. I moved back home.
In June 2007 off we went to Alabama. Nathan started Warrant Officer training for a month and a half in August and I went back home.
In September 2007 Nathan graduated from WOC school and became a officer. I was and still am extremely proud of him. I remember feeling like we were where we were supposed to be. In October Nathan had to leave for another training for 3 weeks. I was currently working so I couldn't go back home for the three weeks, but did go home for one week.
In April of 2009 Nathan graduated from flight school, and we were and still are stationed in Germany. When we got the call that we were being stationed there Nathan and I were jumping up and down in the kitchen. That was our first choice. About five minutes after finding out I went from being thrilled to crying. I think I went from every emotion possible, I was playing out in my little head how this was all going to work. It always does.
In April we moved all of our stuff to my parents basement, and in May, Nathan went to Germany for 3 weeks before I joined him. For two months we did all the traveling we could. We went to Paris, Holland, Netherlands and more. The very end of June I went back home while Nathan stayed in Germany so I could start in-vitro. We found out we were pregnant in October and Nathan deployed in November 2009.
While Nathan was deployed I was looking so forward to having our baby and seeing him again for R&R. In this case I tried and did very good at not counting down the days, instead I counted the days we had made it so far of being apart.

In June 2010 we had our baby and Nathan came to visit for two weeks. That was the fastest 14 days of my life.
This was our last family picture. Two more weeks until we get to have another. I am so looking forward to that.

6 comments:

Nicole said...

YAY! for looking forward to only 2 more weeks!

S Semon said...

You make me feel like my life is pretty boring! 2 more weeks! So exciting!

This Idaho Girl said...

Isn't it funny how life never turns out how you planned it. I can relate on so many levels: crying about military desires, invitro, and separation. What doesn't kill us only makes us stronger, right?

Jenny said...

How do you do it girl? HOW?!? I hate it when Jeff comes home late from work. You are one tough chick.

4everboys said...

where are you now?? are you in brigham city? cuz i am in perry! where are you???

Aves said...

Min! I miss you!!! I love all the pictures!! The Halloween ones were darling! I cannot believe how big your little guy is getting! What a doll! :) I am excited to hear all about your adventures, and excited you get to be reunited with Nate soon. Love you!