Saturday, July 23, 2011

My Town

It's been a little over two weeks since we have gotten to Utah and we're having lots of fun. We're trying to get used to the 100 degree weather and all the bugs! My family is so thrilled to have Carter back for a little while. As for me, I think they were happy to see me. :) They still can't believe how much he has grown and how active he is. Carter was amazing on the flight here. I always ALWAYS get such anxiety when going on a plane. Flying doesn't scare me, it's the crowd, busy-ness and especially taking an active child (that sat on our laps) on a plane for 15+ hours really made me nervous. But he did great!

Notes for future reference:

*Bring lots of snacks. Licorice especially to keep his mouth busy for a while.
*Little DVD player. That kept him busy for at least an hour throughout the flight.
*New toys or toys he hasn't played with in a while.
*BUBBLES! He could pop bubbles all day if we let him.
*He hasn't had a bottle since his first birthday but I brought it anyways to help him fall asleep. That with a little benadryl :) and he slept great on our laps for about 3 hours of the flight. I hope that the flight back will be just as good.

We are missing our Dad/Nathan tremendously but luckily we have skyped almost every other day. Carter of course lights up when he see's his him. It is really fun to watch Carter skype with Nathan this go around now that he's older because he can interact with him and Nate will ask him what an elephant will say and Carter will blow his lips, it's so cute!

Enough talking, this is what we have been up to since we've been here:

The mosquitos are really bad here, and they were after new blood! Carter's nose got a good bite on it and it swelled up for a few days.
Carter is walking!!! The most steps he has taken on his own is probably 15. He started a week ago and getting better everyday. When he falls down or makes it to the other side of the room we all clap and he will clap with us with his mouth wide open. Why does my baby have to turn one? Get teeth? Then have to walk? I am so proud of him though, he sure gets his mind on something and tries hard at it.

Our town, Brigham City is getting a Temple! It's so pretty and we were lucky to be there when they put Angel Moroni on.My parents took us camping overnight at the City of Rocks. It's an awesome place! We ate at the Diner and went swimming. (really "rough-in" it) This is my sister Lacie playing with Carter.
Hanging out with Grandpa and going on lots of rides on the 4-wheeler and lawn mower.
It's good to be home for a little while, I have already done some shopping and ate at my favorite restaurant, Red Robin. I do love you America!! ( I love you too Germany, see ya in a month)

5 comments:

Justin and Ashley said...

Carter is the sweetest baby boy ever. (Well, besides maybe Keaton. JK!) But, seriously Carter is so cute and fun and I just can't believe how big he is getting. I want you to know that I always read your blog even though I never comment (even when I have something to say I am often to lazy to say it...) so, sorry about that, but I was happy to see you last week and really hope we can get together before you leave! Call or text me. :)

nicwoo said...

All American boy! lol I couldn't imagine a mosquito having the audacity to prick him right between the eyes. Shucks.

Meagan said...

Love that last picture of Carter's big smile. Adorable. Nothing beats time with family! Looks like you're having tons of fun. I've always loved your family. :)

Jessica :) said...

Oh, the poor guy's nose! Darn mosquitoes. I really don't like them. And picking on Carter. How rude. But it sure looks like you guys were having a grand time {aside from mosquitoes, of course}!

Jenny said...

We need more updates from you. You have a fun family!