Lots to update, with no motivation. I think about my blog and sigh. But no time is better than the present. Right? Is that how the saying goes? Anywho, blogging about the past events will come later, so I will blog about what is happening now!
Nathan left us two weeks ago for training and will be back next week. We miss him like crazy but my mom is here visiting the whole time he is gone!!!! It's been lots of fun having her here and helping me take care of Carter.

Last Sunday we got to go visit Nathan for "family day" and it was so good to see him. Carter squealed when he saw his dad and can I just say for the millioneth time that those two couldn't look more like father and son.


Carter is now 16 months old. He got his second hair cut yesterday and boy he look more like a toddler and now I am wishing I had some kind of hair glue to glue back all his baby hair. He is walking and running everywhere, saying "no" to most things (another sigh) and says "bye" and "hi" to everyone while he waves his hand, says "thank you" when he is handed something. He just got his two top teeth with a nice space in between, he loves grapes more than any other food, and loves to "help" around the house by vacumming, sweeping and wiping the floors with tissues he has taken out one by one and spread all over the floor.

I love this face below, it's his confused look.

Some things that we have done so far while my mom has been here are:
-We stayed at Edelweiss in the Alps and saw the Neuschwanstein Castle (it was so foggy and rainy that day there was not any good pictures)
-Visited the Emergency Room in Garmisch, where Edelweiss was where Carter had a fever of 104.9! His body has a virus that he was trying to fight off, poor guy, he's ok now.
-Went to Rothenburg
-Eaten a lot of german food which my mom doesn't like-neither do I really.
Life has been good. We're excited to get Nate back and take my mom a few more places before she leaves. Carter and I will sure miss her!
6 comments:
so excited for the update!! has nathan told you we're headed your way(ish) next spring??!!! we're so excited to be in germany for 3 1/2 years. hope we can get together before you guys head back to the states! (when is that, by the way?) we will have to plan some trips together. and by the way, carter is stinking adorable. can't wait to meet him.
I can see someone wasn't too happy about being taken from the helicopter, silly boy. I'm glad you FINALLY updated :) Keep them comin'! Cute pics, looks like mom is having fun!
ok, I thought I commented already but I guess I didn't. SO, HAL AH FREAKING LOU YA! I am so glad that you posted some new pictures of my friend Carter. I love his little guts!
Oh my goodness! Carter it the CUTEST little guy! I seriously miss you Mindy! I hope we end up at the same duty station one of these days!
Carter is such a charm. Really. Glad he's all better.
I'm not sure I'd be in love with the food either, must say. Just stick with the produce. ;)
What?! Your baby is a toddler? How did that happen? CRAZY!!!
Post a Comment