Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Already June??

June already? Lots has happened since I have blogged last. Seven weeks ago today Nathan left for his second deployment. This was our last family picture before he left. Carter and I miss him like crazy but we have been able to talk almost everyday. Watching Nathan say goodbye to Carter could have possibly been the hardest thing to watch. So far this deployment has been a lot different than the last. I have been able to keep busy with Carter and being with my mini Nathan has helped a ton. Nathan has been very busy working 12-14 hour days and getting lots of flight time. I don't know how those soldiers work in over 100 degree weather.

Carter and I have been home visiting and trying to keep this time flying by. I have been doing lots of fun projects that I will post later, and getting caught up on all my cooking and HGTV shows that I wasn't able to watch in Germany. Carter has been obsessed with Finding Nemo, but he calls it "Dori" His second birthday is tomorrow!!! Seriously, why can't time go by so I can see my Nathan, but time slow down so my baby won't grow? I have mixed emotions about that. Carter is as fun as can be. He is talking so so much! He for sure has been keeping us all on our toes but we couldn't love him more.

We miss Germany a lot but will be going back eventually. It seems like lately our lives are taking lots of twists and turns and we don't have it all figured out yet, but who does really? Just taking one day at a time and trying to enjoy every minute.

1 comment:

nicwoo said...

I'm glad you're enjoying yourself and everything is clicking along! And let's face it. Dorie's the best part. ;)