
First off, I would like to say that I love living here in Alabama, just so you know. But I would like to complain for a minute or two about how I HATE the bugs here. I have had just about ENOUGH of them. It all started with the cock roaches. Not just around the house but sometimes in my bed. Then it was the beatles. And now it's the black widows!!!! I was just in my spare bedroom cleaning around some chairs and walked in a spider web. I looked and saw a spider with a white sac next to it. I yelled for Nate and he looked at it and said it was a black widow. Yes a black widow. So I took care of it, googled it and saw that it was a female black widow. So I thought there must be a male spider near it that I haven't killed. Google informed me that the female spider eats the male after mating, so I felt better. (a little) So I took the chairs outside and I opened the back door and low and behold ANOTHER black widow was hanging there waiting to bite me and just kill me. I screamed of course and Nate came a running. What are the chances of two black widows in one night??? I don't think I have really ever seen one in my life. So this is my complaint. I feel like bugs are crawling all over me. Going to bed is gonna be fun!
23 comments:
Mindy, We're so glad you didn't die. . .but look on the bright side, maybe they would have been radioactive and given you super hero powers.
Yikes! I hate when you see a bug and then the rest of the day you feel like you have them crawling all over you! Sleep tight!
Oh, Mindy. I'm sorry. You have the worst luck with bugs. Hang in there.
I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE BUGS!!! Especially spiders!!! So you are braver than me, I would have had a heart attack! I miss your face... maybe you should come visit me, I dunno if I can do black widows! PS I just posted some pics of Dawn's wedding, so check em out... LOVE YA
SICK!! FYI I hate ants. We have been infested with them this summer. I hate them!
Mindy I am so glad you said hello! Brandon and I love to keep in touch with family, thats why I love blogging! I love you Bunco idea! Yea I am doing Halloween prizes. October and December are the funnest months! Keep in touch.
OH YUCK! I'm right there with ya on the bug thing.
yeah, i totally empathize with you! i hate hate hate the bugs in the south too. they just aren't natural. we girls from the west just aren't quite accustomed to them, are we?? ick ick ick!
and oh--loved your pictures from your trip. it looked like such fun!
Oh we are so grateful that you didn't die! Be careful out there!
EEEEEEEIIIKKKK! I HAAAAATE SPIDERS! Now that you know that, I am never coming over to your house again! I'm totally kidding, I will still come to your house, but really do hate spiders and I hate, hate, hate black widows. My sister and I had a basement room growing up and (this was a brand new house mind you) every night when I walked into the bathroom, spiders would scatter! HUGE brown ones! I had black widows in my window well, and one in my room once that when I went to kill it, it was gone! So freaky. I always felt uneasy about it! My husband wonders why I get so freaked out about spiders. Ugh! Gross! On a happier note, you could totally get away with any hair cut and that is actually a really cute picture of you with the wig - I do like your current hair color way better than black though. You are adorable (thanks for the bday wish by the way! You are so sweet!)
ugh! I feel for you, we've got nasty creatures, too. Although we don't have cockroaches. I'll never forget when one surprised me at your house on the kitchen counter!
Oh my gosh! I am with you I hate spiders and that would of freaked me out! But I could not of gotten rid of the thing--I trap them under cups and wait until Brady gets home to take them out. I am proud of you!
Eh! I wish I didn't read that. Cause hopefully soon or within this next year I will be living there. YIKES I hate bugs! How are you? We hope my hubbies packet is ready to go before the board in Nov. We are keeping fingers crossed~~
Okay so after reading your blog I started feeling like spiders were climbing on me, Mark got so sick of me insisting that he check to see if there was a spider or bug crawling on me :)
Yuck, scarY!
Hey girl your commenting on my husband's families site. Ours is www.theholladayinn.blogspot.com just thought I would let you know!
I promise we are not trying to top your story, but the spiders are after us too!!! =(
Mindy, you need to separate your blog friend list into separate catagories. Utah, Alabama, Washington, etc. Then I know who I should be stalking.
Aw Mindy...I have to admit I'm pretty brave when it comes to spiders...EXCEPT when it comes to the life-threatening ones...they scare me to death! I don't know how you do it girl! Good thing you have Nathan! :-)
Its not very nice to ignore people's phone calls, so I'm going to be calling you once a day every day until you answer or call me back! I need some Mindy time!
UGH...I feel bad for you girl! Spiders are my biggest fear in life! I'm glad you found my blog! Hope everything is great other than the spiders! :) Miss you!
I hate bugs who doesn't. I trained my boys to be scared of spiders and know I hear there's a spider come and get it. But there seems to be tons of them here in Cali too. My brother teaches science he caught one that was crawling with babies all over it's body. I will have to ask him what it was,
Ok Mindy.... I feel your pain!! I killed two black widows two days in a row! Thankfully they were outside! YUCK! I hate them.
Post a Comment