Tuesday, April 21, 2009

We've made it to Utah safe but not quite so sound. Here's the low down:

-over 1900 miles in a huge penske truck, not so comfortable

-got the truck stuck in mud at hotel, second time this has happened

-flat tire only one hour away from my parents, waited for over three hours

-ran into medal barrier at gas station, bent the bumper, sheered off three screws

But like I said, we made it safely. Just glad we're here.

16 comments:

Adam Amy Wes said...

Oh honey!!!! I miss you already but I'm glad you got home safe! And it's making me second guess using the Penske truck for our move!!!:)

Katie Webb said...

Wow. Some luck you have! I'm glad you made it safely. Can't wait to see you in May!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aves said...

You going to be there long? I think I might be coming out to SLC the end of next week. Not sure what I am doing yet, or who I am staying with, but if I am there and you were there, it would be great to see you! Glad you guys made it safe. xoxo

Matt, Lorie, Roger said...

What an adventure~ Sounds like fun. We sure miss you guys and are kind of in denial that you are even gone. Are you sure you're in Utah?

Anonymous said...

What a cool story! Someday you laugh at all the mishaps along way...afterall, they make life interesting, right?!

Don't forget to hit up Albertson's while you are close to one. I know how much you've missed it! Ha!

Alan & Debbie said...

I am glad that you only had to drive to Utah in that thing! I know at the time it probably wasn't funny, but reading your story I just couldn't help but laugh (sorry). We all get the pleasure of experiencing some of "those" kind of road trips every once and a while. You guys should be good for the next couple of years now, right! =)

Jamie said...

uh... I never received a call "letting me know you arrived safely"??? Did Kenzie have a good time? I hope you guys made it in time to swim!

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

Oh goodness!!! I am glad that you guys made it safe! I hope you took pictures of the truck!

thejencooper said...

MAN that stinks! Sometimes when it rains it pours I tell ya. At least you finally MADE IT and are safe!

The Patty Cake House said...

Ok - I read your comment about getting a flat tire in Morgan - I am so jealous!!!!! You should have called me because I could have had someone there in 10 minutes. We miss you already but I know you were ready to move onto a new phase - can't wait to hear about your adventures.

Anonymous said...

Hey Mindy! This is Andrea Larsen. you probably remember me as Andrea Eddings...kents! hey I would love to have you check out our blog. it is blocked but you can e-mail me with your e-mail address and I will add you! I'm so glad that I found your blog! looks like everything is going well for you guys! andi0610@hotmail.com

Kattelman Krew said...

YAY!!! I can't wait to see you tomorrow!!! I'm charging the camera as we speak -or really as I write.....

The Happy Holladay's said...

Hey girly! Glad you made it! So how far of a drive is it to Disney world? I can't wait to get to Alabama too bad we weren't there at the same time.

Derek & Penny said...

I am sure its nice to be HOME! But... we miss you here already. So, I am not coming out to Utah in May any longer. I won't be out until oct. 13th-20th. If you are in Utah at that time, we should get together. I hope all is well. Keep me updated.

Anonymous said...

Well congrats Nate on graduating!! That is a huge accomplishment among the many others in your life! And way to go Mindy for your support for Nate, I am sure it hasn't been all fun and games for you, my sister's husband joined last August and she had a hard time with paperwork and the whole military adjustments. Well we are excited to see you guys soon, we need to arrange a day to do pictures and go do something fun! Call me when you get back from Washington!!

The Healthy Nutcase said...

That stinks! So glad you two were safe. We had a similar situation going from Utah to NEbraska when we were 1st married. Our battery died 30 minutes from my grandparents and it took 3 hrs to get there. ARGH!!! I'm sorry about your trip! I still can't believe you guys are actually gone. :(