I am in Germany, yay! The plane ride went good, it actually went really fast. I had two layovers, one in Phoenix and one in London. I slept almost most of the whole way from Phoenix to London which made the time go fast. I couldn't wait to see Nate at the airport in Frankfurt. It was a little scary traveling alone, but it was not bad at all. I always worry more than I need to. Once I went through customs and got my luggage I saw Nate waiting for me. It was so good to see him! Here he is pushing my luggage.

He then swept me away in this sweet ride. :) 1988 Mercedes. It's a really good car and hopefully it will take us to all the places we have planned.
This is us on the auto bon (freeway) from the airport. There is no speed limits in Germany so I think in this picture we are going over 100 for sure. We were going super fast as you can tell by our faces, but there was still so many people passing us. We have heard that Germans are always in a hurry.
When we got home this sign was the first thing I saw when we walked in. Nate is so sweet. He knows I get homesick really easy so he did everything he could to make things feel like home. He even had a picture of my family on my nightstand. I am a lucky girl to have such a great husband!

This is the view from our living room. It is truly beautiful here. I have not seen a whole lot yet because I have been trying to get used to the time change, so to sum things up, I have been sleeping. I know you should try and stay awake as long as you can, but it's so much easier said than done. Last night I was wide awake at 2:00 am and was ready to start the day. I tried to see if Nate wanted to get up with me, but no such luck, so I called my mom. It was 6:00 pm for them.
This weekend we are planning to go to Holland in the Netherlands and go to the Temple and other sites. I really can't believe I am here and this is our life right now. I hope this time doesn't go by too fast!!!
13 comments:
Wow!
First, that is a sweet ride, and a sweet parking spot...
Second, Nate is really sweet!
Keep up the good work sleeping and sightseeing. :D
We are so jealous. Raq's family is from Holland. A little town called Delft. Really pretty, but most towns there have a great sense of history and art that makes then so unique. Have fun.
YOU MADE IT!!!! I am sooo glad!!! You are going to have such an awesome adventure. Good Job Nate on being a sweet husband!!! We miss you guys.
Oh man, I can't believe you are SO FAR AWAY already!! I am jealous of all the adventures you will have, you are going to have SO much fun together :) We will have to skype and chat sometime soon! Although, I won't ever be able to think of skype the same way thanks to NATHAN! haha, you guys are funny, and he doesn't have to pretend anymore... if you know what I mean! HA!
I am so excited for you! I can't wait to see all of the pictures from your new life in Germany!!!!
Mindy I am excited for you! You guys are going to have so much fun.
Can't wait to see more pictures of your adventure!
Wow! I'm vey very jealous! Hope you can adjust to the time soon. Can't wait to hear about all your adventures while in Germany!
Hurray you got there safely! Have fun exploring your new home!
Yahoo! So glad you made it and can finally be with Nate again! Enjoy it! It looks beautiful!
I am so excited for you. I can't wait to hopefully be stationed there too!
Have fun!
Hey Mindy & Nate,
Wow!! Germany. It looks gergeous there. I can't believe that you guys are a whole world away and we can see it. The internet is amazing!! Enjoy it while it lasts.
I am so glad you made it there safely and I am so excited to hang out with you when you move back for a while. Have a fun time see ya soon!
100 mph and you aren't wearing your seatbelt! What are you thinking! LOL. I'm glad you made it safe. Did you get my message on facebook? Hope you have fun this weekend!
Post a Comment