Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July in Paris!


This was so far the best trip we have taken. We already can't wait to go back. I couldn't choose which pictures to post so I posted a lot of them. Enjoy! (beware, you might see some pictures of kissing, but we are in the city of "french" kiss, right?)


Once we got to Paris and checked into our hotel, we couldn't wait to get out and explore. We got onto the subway and went into the city. We could see the Eiffel Tower from a distance and started our way towards it. Once we got there it was the most surreal experience, we were standing in front of the Eiffel Tower! This isn't something that happens often in one person's life. It was beautiful and huge! We were there all weekend so we weren't sure if we wanted to go up it then or wait. We were like little kids in a candy store and couldn't wait, so we got into a line. We didn't realize we were in the line that was "stairs only" until we paid. No big deal, we can do it...............


Until we were halfway there, I about died! My legs were killing me! I wasn't necessarily planning on a workout with drops of sweat, but hey, we're climbing the Eiffel Tower, I can do it!



This is the view from the top. We were so high up there. It was breath taking. I would post all the pictures from the top but there are lots. I love Paris!


Last step down. Our legs were shaking by the time we were done.


The next day we got onto the subway again (another new love I have, riding the subway) We got off close to the Eiffel Tower, took more pictures, of course. We looked at our map and we wanted to go to the Louvre and see the Mona Lisa. The map made it look like it was really close, so we decided to walk. And walk. And walk. We walked along the river. It wasn't as close as we thought, but we live and learn and learned next time to wear better shoes and to take the subway. But it was a pretty walk, and glad we did it.


Below is the Louvre Museum. Once we saw the pyramid we knew we were there. It was neat to be there where they filmed "The Davinci Code" I think you could spend all day at the Louvre. There is so much to see and it's huge! There was so much art and sculpteres to see. I wish we were more into art to really appreciate it but we were on the hunt to see Mona.

Here is Mona herself. Not sure if she was excited to see us, but we were excited to see her. There were guards all around her.


For lunch, we ate these incredible crepes. They were so good but I felt like we were eating dessert rather than lunch. Nutella is the key to these crepes, with bananas. Yum!

That night for dinner we went to the Hard Rock Cafe. We looked at our map and again it looked like it was close, so we walked. And...you get the story. It was far away from where we were! We had to stop and buy me new shoes, because the ones I had on gave me blisters. On our journey there we did some shopping and encountered paris prostitutes. (scary) While we were eating at the Hard Rock Cafe, they had music videos playing and Whitney Houston singing the National Anthem, everyone cheered when it was done. It was a good feeling hearing our National Anthem in another country especially on the 4th of July. (It was also good to eat American food, I will always have a special place in my heart for it)

After dinner we got on the subway and went to the Statue of Liberty. I thought it would have been bigger seeing that France gave the United States a huge one that you could tour through, but this one you can't go through. It was neat being close to it though.

This picture is random, but our hotel was so nice and so was the pool. It was the best to come back to and relax our feet.



We loved Paris. I think that French is the most beautiful language. We are so lucky that we have all these beautiful places to visit around us. I am glad we got to go there during the 4th of July. At night time the Eiffel Tower lights up with strobe lights and we sat and watched them thinking that was our fireworks.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an adventure! I am so glad you are sharing it on your blog!

The Patty Cake House said...

OH MY GOSH..... SOOOOOOOOO FUN!!!! I'm so jealous!!! You guys are so cute - I love the pictures!!!

Kristi said...

Looks like so much fun! I love all the pictures!

Melissa & Jimmy said...

How fun! The pictures are great! Keep them coming! It looks like you guys are really enjoying it. I am so glad. FUN!!!

Heather said...

I LOVE all the Eiffel Tower pictures! So very romantic and fun.

Richardson Family said...

I love reading your blog and seeing the fun places and things you are getting to do! So much fun!!! Loved the pics they are beautiful!

Melanie said...

Were you posting all these fun pictures to make everyone jealous? Cause it worked!! :) I'm so jealous but so glad you are having so many fun experiences. I LOVE all of your pictures. Did you take a tripod? I love all of your cute family pictures on the main page of your blog, too. Where did you take those?

Meagan said...

Love the pictures! How much fun! You two are too cute. Miss you lots.

Aves said...

I love your pictures! I am so jealous you get to see all these cool places, I would love to visit paris. Maybe one day! You are too cute Min, you guys look great!

Nicole said...

WOW! what a fun trip. I miss your face. We need to skype soon! Miss you!

thejencooper said...

Oh my goodness you got so many amazing pictures! You guys are so cute and Mindy your hair is getting so long! I love it! I personally would love to go to France...even if I have to go by myself! Todd is going to laugh when he sees your comment on our blog! :) :) :) You are hilarious. We were in Utah last week and saw Rebekah Wikle and the baby real quick (SO BEAUTIFUL by the way!!!) and I thought of you guys. We miss you!

nicwoo said...

You know, I would want to kiss a lot too, to make up for all that exercising. ;) That's all I could add to what's already been said.
Fin.

Adam Amy Wes said...

Wow babe!!!! I'm so excited you're doing these amazing things and that you can do them with your hubby! We miss you guys! Email me!!!!

The Salisbury's said...

All I can say is wow! Those pictures are so beautiful!! Did you guys get a new camera how did you make those pics? They are awesome!!! It sounds like you guys had so much fun! I had fun just reading it! Miss you!
Tia

Katie Webb said...

Wow you guys are so lucky! Looks so much fun! You pictures in front of the tower look like proffessional pictures! So cute! I'm glad you're having a good time. Perhaps all the walking is why you're eating so much dessert :)

Anonymous said...

Sooo fun! I love what you did to the pictures!