Monday, July 13, 2009

Great Saturday

Saturday morning we went to Frankfurt to the Temple. It was about two hours away. It was a perfect way to start out our day. We love going to the temple, and very grateful we have a temple close by. It's awesome to know that no matter where you are in the world, the church is the same. I love this gospel and what it means in our lives. I am so happy to know that I will be with Nathan for all eternity!!!

On our way home we stopped at Ikea and ate lunch. We ate these meatballs that were actually really good. (so far we haven't liked most german food) They put this brown sauce on top of them and you dip them in a jelly of some sort. Doesn't sound good, but it was good. We finished with the best chocolate mousse with cream on top. Their whip cream is not sweet at all, it has no taste. I am not sure why they even use it, maybe for decoration? We walked around Ikea and can I say HUGE? I forget how big that place is, and there is not enough exits signs. (espcially if you can't understand there's) I think you could get anything and everything for you house there. It's a great store.
It was a great Saturday.

15 comments:

Katie Webb said...

Wow its really pretty and green. Do you guys use a tripod?

The Patty Cake House said...

WOW!!!!! The temple is beautiful!!! Sounds like a pretty perfect day to me!!! :)

The Salisbury's said...

How fun! The temple looks a little small, is it? Seriously beautiful. Did you get anything at Ikea?

Aves said...

So pretty! I miss you :(

Dawny said...

That temple looks so unique, I love it. I'm excited for all of these great places you get to see!

nicwoo said...

We can feel the same gratefulness for the church being the same- there's a lot of comers and goers for military around and it is such security to know!! You two look so wonderful in front of the temple :D

Katie Webb said...

Yes, monsoon happens every year in Korea from June-August/September. It doesn't rain everyday. One day its super hot and sunny and humid and then the next it will be downpouring. Imagine Alabama rain but 10 times more rain for the ENTIRE day! Its so insane. An umbrella doesn't do anything for you either cause the wind is blowing and rain is splashing up from the puddles on the streets. They say last year it rained for 160 hours straight once. How come you still haven't written me back on facebook yet??

Unknown said...

Wow Min it looks like you are having the time of your life. Take lots of notes so that when you get home you can tell us all about it. Say hi to Nat, it looks like you guys are doimg some great exploring together-that is wonderful! When are you coming back to Utah? And when are you going to post the recipe for your chicken pot pie-it looked amazing. take care! love ya lots!

Anonymous said...

So I couldn't see the link to comment on your Google post, but I have to tell you. I have a similar addiction. The difference is, I will not give it up! =D I refuse! I love google and I love learning. Although sometimes I do drive Paul crazy with my "Did you know..." comments! Hehe!

Katie Webb said...

Why don't you just Google "nesting"? Just kidding. Its just a phase you go through during pregnancy where you want to clean everything and then clean it all again.

Kattelman Krew said...

Hi Mindy! looks like you are having super fun adventures, it's good to see the two of you are exploring around....Tell Nathan we said hi, hope all is well!

thejencooper said...

You are hilarious! I love you! I miss you Mindy. I wish we could visit each other, especially when we are bored! So I have the worst sweet tooth as well and I need to stop or I am going to have another sugar addict baby on my hands. Ok, so after Evie was born I was CONSTANTLY googling every symptom in the world that could be wrong with her. I totally know. I too had to pull my self away. I remember one day being so sick of sitting there at the computer and I finally kicked my addiction. Well for the most part anyway :) I do use is sparingly now :) Ha ha. I am so glad that you are enjoying yourself there and an least finding SOME food that is good!

Derek & Penny said...

It looks like you guys are having so much fun! When do you come back to Utah? We miss hanging out with you guys. I will be in Utah for a week or so in October and hope to see you there if you're in town.

Clan Andreasen said...

What an awesome temple trip! How far away are you from it?

Anonymous said...

Mindy, you are slacking in the Blog department!! We haven't heard anything new about you guys for a while! How is Germany going and have you had any fun trips recently? Have you learned any German yet? I know my mom struggled when we first moved there because she had to buy us clothes for school and had to use sign language (waving and pointing) to communicate. Anyways, we are doing good, just waiting to hear from the Air Force in November. Shannie is doing well and we will find out the gender of the baby in 5 weeks. Hope to hear from you soon.