Thursday, November 19, 2009

My Soldier

Nathan has left for deployment. We have anticipated this for a while now and didn't want it to come, but at the same time wanted it to come so we could start the countdown. I love this boy with all my heart and I know he is going to be great. He is such a selfless person and will serve this country without complaint. It's hard being apart, but we are so lucky to have email and webcam. I love you honey and I am so proud of you!!!




(and yes, we are going to have a baby!!!!!)

28 comments:

Joe*Nikki said...

YAY!! Mindy, I am sooooo happy and excited for you guys!! I love you!! You guys are going to be awesome parents!!

Alan & Debbie said...

So how long will Nathan be gone? I hope not too long.

It is so interesting to look back at all of the old roommates and to see how different all of our lives have turned out thus far. I mean look at you guys. You are not even in the same country anymore!

Congrats on getting pregnant. I really can't express in words how excited and happy I am for you. I think you guys will love that baby more than anyone else could. So when is the due date?

The Healthy Nutcase said...

you are an amazing little woman Mindy! I sure miss you guys! Take care you!! We'll be checking up on ya on your blog so thanks so much for the invite!!! And we just love Nate too!! Salisburys rock!!!

The Healthy Nutcase said...

And ohhhhhhhhhhhh yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!
haha, i didn't see that until reading Nikki's remark!!! Yay Yay Yay!! And yes you two will be amazing parents!! Oh yay!

nicwoo said...

Thank You Sincerely, Nathan, for your service.
Congratulations on your very special news- You are such a lovely and special family.

Jamie said...

whoot whoot! I can't wait to meet that little baby! He/she is going to be spoiled rotten by his/hers millions of aunts!

The Patty Cake House said...

Congratulations to both of you!!!!!! I am so excited for you.

Julie said...

Congratulations you guys. You need to give a little more info than that though. When are you due, how far are you etc... Don't keep us waiting too long!!:)

Tanya said...

I am SO very excited for you!!! My mom told me that you were expecting and I am so happy for the two of you! Congrats!!!

This Idaho Girl said...

Congrats to you and Nate! That is wonderful. Being pregnant will help you keep your mind off the deployment. I'm interested to hear your fertility story. Hopefully you just got lucky and got pregnant for free! Great news either way.

Melanie said...

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for you guys. You both are amazing people and this baby is so lucky to have you as its parents. Let me know when you're feeling better so we can hang out! I miss you!

Meagan said...

I knew it!! :) CONGRATS, MIN! I am so excited for you both! What amazing parents you will make. Parenthood is the most wonderful thing you will ever experience, has been for me, anyways. :) Good luck to Nathan and I can't wait until you can be back with him. I can't imagine having to be separeted, that would be so hard. Good thing you're as strong as you are. :) Love you, Min!

Meagan said...

I can't leave without correcting my spelling...SEPARATED. :) Thank you.

Maycock Family said...

Congratulations on the upcoming arrival!!! It is about time J/K... It is all happens on the Lord's timetable not ours. I hope that you are doing well and I would like somemore info on the upcoming baby.... We pray that Nathan will be safe and sound while he is away. Give him our best!

Jenny said...

MINDY!!!

I read this post the other day...but didn't see the baby part! That is so exciting!

I am in Brigham RIGHT NOW! Please, lets hang out tomorrow or something.

McClains said...

YAY!!!! I am so excited for you guys! You will be the best mommy! I hope everything goes well while Nathan is gone, I bet that is so hard to have him be away during this exciting time. Stay strong and keep us all updated!

Derek & Penny said...

We are so excited to hear the news. You and Nate are in our prayers and hope all is going well for him. I hope you are feeling well and start feeling better soon.

Melissa & Jimmy said...

Yahoo! I have been waiting for this post! CONGRATULATIONS! Super excited for you! YIPPPPEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Lindsey said...

Yay it's about time you posted this! I'm so excited to become an aunt. Jamie is right, this baby is going to be spoiled.

Anonymous said...

Mindy! Oh my goodness oh my goodness! I am SOOOOOO excited for you guys! You will be the best mom!

How far along are you?

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I was leaked the news by a little birdie and I was ecstatic for you!!! I can't wait to see your cute baby bump!

The Schulze Fam said...

Oh Congrats! What cute babies you guys will have!! How have you been feeling? How far along?...I guess I would like more info like everyone else :) Are you back in Utah while your husband is gone?

Hope youre doing well and hope your husband wont have to be gone for too long!

Aves said...

YAY!!!! You guys are such a deserving couple, I am beyond excited and thrilled for you!!!

I hope to hear from you soon. CONGRATULATIONS!! A million times over :)

smnorton said...

I am so excited for you and I am sure your mom is so excited too. At least you have something to keep your mind busy while your husband is gone!! We need to get together sometime I am always home. Ia m so grateful for your husband and all the many other soldiers for all they do to keep our country safe. I will keep him in my prayers!

Troy and Rebekah said...

I've been waiting for this news! What a blessing! I'm tearing up cause I'm so happy for you! Good luck to you on your nine month journey to motherhood! It's a trip! Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Thanks Nate for serving us over there! We'll be praying for you!

thejencooper said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I NEED TO CALL YOU! I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Heather said...

Wahoo!!!! Almost missed that last bit of exciting news! That will help the time pass while you are apart for sure.

Holland Family said...

Thank you Nate for serving our country. At the same time, thank you Mindy for being willing to let him serve. We love you guys and miss you tons. We will have you both in our prayers. Congratulations on your pregnancy! We are very excited for you!!!