Friday, July 23, 2010

R&R (part two)

After this post I am done updating. wahoo! The pictures are out of order. This picture was taken the night before Nate left to go back to Iraq. Do you like the guy off my right shoulder on the t.v.? Kind of scared me when I saw the picture. Tomorrow will be four weeks since Nate has left to go back, and in ways it's gone fast, and of course I wish time would go faster.
We took lots of naps in those two weeks. We tried to sleep when he was sleeping, and Nate was still on Iraq's time, so it took him a few days to get on our schedule. He even got a little sick while he was here because of lack of sleep and the temperature change. Going from 120 degrees to 70-80 degrees is a big difference.
We went to the spaghetti factory (one of our favorite restaruants) and met up with my cousin Jamie and her husband Steven and their two boys, Tucker and Brigham. We also went to temple square to see our grandparents that serve a mission there every Tuesday at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building. It was so fun to see them and they got to meet Carter for the first time.
Another thing we did was bless little Carter Judd. He was only two weeks old but we really wanted to bless him before Nate left. Nate gave a beautiful blessing and we are so grateful for the family and friends that came to share that with us. This picture was taken after the blessing. We had a BBQ after at my parents house.
This was the only picture I could get of Carter in his blessing outfit. My mom made it, and it was so cute. It was a little a white tux and as much as he hated being in it, he looked so cute! The blanket he is on, my grandma Hunsaker made. Thank you mom and grandma!
Carter with his dad, grandpa Salisbury and grandpa Norman.
Carter with his dad, great grandpa Norman, Uncle Dave, grandpa Salisbury, grandpa Norman, and Uncle Collin. They helped Nate bless Carter.
And our little family. Carter was so mad while we took these pictures. I am learning fast that when you want your baby to sleep in special occasions, they never do. :)
Another thing we did that I don't have pictures of is my whole family and Nate's whole family went boating the day before the blessing. It was so fun to spend the day at the Lake and be all together. We also did a lot of shopping and eating out while he was here. Red Robin is a must. I kept asking Nathan what he wanted to do next or eat next that he craved while he was in Iraq. He loved walking around Sam's Club, or pretty much any store. The electronic's section was visited often.
It was so much fun to have Nathan here. By the second week I was used to having him back into my life and sometimes I forgot that he had to go back. Carter loved his dad, anytime he cried Nathan would just cuddle with him and he would instantly calm down. I have to say that while I was pregnant I was so worried that Nate wouldn't bond with the baby. He missed the whole pregnancy, never got to feel Carter kick once! I guess I thought he wouldn't feel like he was part of it, so there wasn't go to be that bond. Silly huh? Well, like I said before, the minute they met it was love at first sight. There couldn't have been a better father and son bond. Oh I just love my boys! I am seriuosly one lucky girl. It was so hard to say goodbye, I think it was harder the second time than the first. It was even harder to watch Nate say goodbye to Carter. I started another blog for Nate to see pictures almost everyday of Carter growing.
So that is the end of Nate's R&R and he is back at work. Thanks honey for all you do for our family. We love you!!!

5 comments:

The Patty Cake House said...

Ok I just love you!!!! You are amazing. Carter is absolutely adorable!!! I love your little family and can't wait until you guys are together again. (PS... anytime you want to go to Red Robin.... I'm there!!!!)

4everboys said...

thanks for the update mindy! carter is so precious. that man in your photo IS scary! ;) You and Nate look great. You two are so strong, way to go! I teared up when you said it was hard to say goodbye the second time-especially to Carter. I know it will be harder for me after R&R too. I am dreading it. But.. we must be strong! There is no other option, right?

Benjamin and Jennie said...

Oh mindy you guys make an amazing family!!!!!

Meagan said...

What great posts! Your family is just beautiful. I loved all the pictures. I'm so happy for you guys. Can't wait until you can all be together again. Carter is adorable and you look great!

thejencooper said...

That dress is adorable on you! I love all the pictures and what a beautiful family! I am SO SAD for you that Nathan had to go back!! Oh dear, did I ever reply to you on facebook? I need to do that. I think I started and never finished it and now I can't remember what you said. Well, I love you guys and little Carter and I am excited for Nathan to come home to be with you guys permanently!