Since Nate has left I wanted Carter to be able to still see his dad and hear his voice. When I was pregnant, Nathan would go to this place where they would get to pick a book to read to their kids and record it on DVD then mail the book back at home with the DVD so their kids could read with their dad. So far I have gotten about seven books in the mail from Nate. It's seriously one of the greatest inventions the Army could have thought of for families. I would watch them before Carter was born and laugh at how Nate was reading the book. Some books he read were really long and in the middle of Nate's recording, Nate would sigh and say "boy this is a long book" and continue reading until he was done, and then he would talk to us like we were right there. Now that Carter is here I am having him watch the videos everyday. He just stares at the t.v. and kicks his little legs. He loves his dad. (so do I)
Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Story Time with Dad
Since Nate has left I wanted Carter to be able to still see his dad and hear his voice. When I was pregnant, Nathan would go to this place where they would get to pick a book to read to their kids and record it on DVD then mail the book back at home with the DVD so their kids could read with their dad. So far I have gotten about seven books in the mail from Nate. It's seriously one of the greatest inventions the Army could have thought of for families. I would watch them before Carter was born and laugh at how Nate was reading the book. Some books he read were really long and in the middle of Nate's recording, Nate would sigh and say "boy this is a long book" and continue reading until he was done, and then he would talk to us like we were right there. Now that Carter is here I am having him watch the videos everyday. He just stares at the t.v. and kicks his little legs. He loves his dad. (so do I)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
mindy!
I love love love love this picture. I even shed a little tear :) I hope you and little Carter are doing well. I miss you guys! Love you!
Jess
what an awesome thing!!!! those will be videos to cherish forever. i wonder if eli could be doing that when he's deployed. i'll have to ask.
that is so neat!!! What a fun time with daddy!
It is so great that they offer that service! How fun, I hope Derek can do the same thing for Lincoln. :)
Oh my goodness! This made me get all teary eyed. This is SUCH a cute picture. You are such a strong woman, I could never do that, not even for a couple of days. I really admire you for it!
And where did you get those 'Family' blocks?? They are adorable!!
That is such a great idea! I love that you have that so Carter (and you) can see and hear from dad while he's gone! What a special treasure!
That is so very sweet. I'm so glad he did that too! Great!
Post a Comment