Monday, August 9, 2010

Birthdays

On August 6 it was my sweet 26. I have no pictures of the day but it was a good one. I got a pedicure, ate at Red Robin...yummm, and did some much needed shopping. I think Nathan told Carter before he left not to like shopping so I get pretty much a two store limit before he throws a fit. It was a great day!!
It was also Carter's two month birthday on the 6th. Wasn't it just yesterday I had him? This picture is not his two month check, he gets his shots this week. :( But we both had to go in for physicals so we can go to Germany soon. Carter weighs 12 pounds 2 ounces! Can I say healthy? Or chunky? Or what?! I sure love those cheeks of his. He is also 21 1/2 inches tall.
He has been so much fun...he has been smiling a lot which I can't get on camera, my camera is too slow. He coos, and his eyes follow me all around the room. He hates, I mean HATES to sleep. He wakes up about 2-4 times a night, and naps are sometimes out of the question. I thought newborns are supposed to sleep all day. Whenever Nate calls I put him on speaker phone and he just stares at the phone. He loves his changing table. It's kind of weird how much he loves it, he kicks his legs and moves his arms so fast for how excited he is. Who would of thought getting your diaper changed would be so fun? Sometimes when I need to fold laundry or he's crying I just lay him there and he's totally fine. Silly kid.
Does this not look like Nate's child? I feel like I am raising a mini Nate. (I swear he has a neck in there somewhere) :)
This was after church. I love dressing him for church. He's my little stud-muffin.

I am still figuring out a lot of things everyday about being a mother. I have to say I have eaten every word I have ever said before becoming a mom. I just look at that little face and those cheeks and he just melts my heart. He for sure has me wrapped around his little finger, or fingerS I should say. He was so worth the wait!

12 comments:

Army Family said...

I can't believe how much he looks like his dad! So cute!

Jamie said...

I can't believe those cheeks! What have you been feeding him?! :) I hope I get to see him soon!

Jenny said...

It was so fun to see you the other day. After I left I thought about our conversation and realized I sounded a little negative. I really was being sarcastic. I don't beat my children, I love them to death.

Don't you love that being a parent is way different than you expected! We were going to be so perfect and have the perfect children who sleep through the night, etc. Then real life happens, it is hard, and we love it.

Heather said...

Wow!!! He is a big boy!!! I love those chubby cheeks.

Meagan said...

He's so big!! Crazy. They grow way too fast! He's such a cutie. You look great, Min. Glad you're all doing well.

The Patty Cake House said...

I LOVE HIM!!!!!! He's soooooo cute!!!!

Benjamin and Jennie said...

Pierce was the same way when he was a newborn. he would refuse naps. Now he just loves them and when I loose track of time he will grab his blanket and bring it to me reminding me it's that time:) hang in there.. he's got to go to sleep sometime:) He is such a handsome boy!!!

thejencooper said...

Check out those cheeks!!! I LOVE IT! Yay for chubby babies! I am just barely seeing Sienna's neck. I totally know! Haha! He is seriously mini-Nate! How cute is that! You look beautiful Mindy!!!

Melissa & Jimmy said...

What a cutie and you look gorgeous as always. Lucas is the same way about getting his diaper changed, he gets so excited and kicks and smiles like crazy. Silly boys.

Katie Webb said...

He DOES look just like Nate! He's getting so big! He looks huge in your arms! You know, Morgan was the same way with her changing table. I used to put her there when nothing else would make her happy and she would smile a coo. Its wierd.

Dawny said...

Man oh man...he is growing fast! You're so right...he looks just like Nathan, it's adorable. :-) You look beautiful Mindy!

Jessica :) said...

Holy cow, I can't believe how big he is getting! Just comparing the photo of you holding him in this post and of you holding him in your previous post {in front of the SLC temple} you can really see that he's grown a lot!! Isn't it crazy how much you just love that baby - and realize that you don't mind that you had to wait for them {even though the waiting is so hard}? I completely understand!