Thursday, August 19, 2010

I'm The Boss!

How did I let a 2 1/2 month old boss me around? Look at this face. He pretty much gets what he wants. No nap he says. Ok. I'm hungry now. Ok. I want to be held right now. Ok. It doesn't help either that he has aunts and grandparents that give into him too. As of today I am the boss and starting tomorrow he will take his naps.
I had a talk with his dad today and I told Carter that when his dad gets home he's in big trouble. I have a feeling Carter's going to boss him around too.

12 comments:

kelsey said...

i'm in love with those cheeks! i think i'd let them boss me around, too! though i will say from experience, you want to be firm on napping now or you could be screwed later on!

Andrea said...

I have to agree with Kelsey on the nap thing, but it can be hard to not be bossed around by the babies! He is absolutely adorable Mindy! I can see how you would have a hard time putting your foot down!

Derek & Penny said...

He is so cute. I is hard to let a face like that scream and scream. I just love that little boy! And I just hope that he NAPS and NAPS soon. Lincoln was not the best napper until about 5 months (so don't beat your self up). Now he is an amazing napper and sleeper at night!

Jenny said...

Good luck :) It can be hell to switch the tables around, but worth it in the end.

It will take time. I am definately not a "cry it out" mom, but I do keep my kids on a strict schedule...that gets messed up about every weekend. Even adjusting after a weekend can be hard. It never ends.

The Patty Cake House said...

OK...... SERIOUSLY!!!!! I could totally smoosh him!!!! He is so dang cute!!!!!

Heather said...

He is such a cute boss though!

Brittanie Meinzer said...

oh my gosh your little man is sooo cute and chubby! I can't wait to meet hiM!

Katie Webb said...

Are you sure that Carter and not a baby picture of Nate?

S Semon said...

Isn't it amazing how they run your life? You think you are the adult, but they pretty much dictate how things go. Good luck with the nap thing. That has been a 2 year long struggle for me!

nicwoo said...

MINDY! I am melting.

Aves said...

I CANNOT believe how fast he has grown, and how much he looks like you and Nathan!! He is so blasted precious! Look at those cheeks! I wish I could meet him :) Glad you are doing so well. LOVES.

thejencooper said...

HE IS SO CUTE!!!! LOOK at that face! I love Carter! What a doll!