
We did it! We made it through a deployment. Never would I have thought we would make it through a whole year apart, but time does pass and keeping busy made it go by faster. Nathan flew to Utah on November 23 from Germany. Because he was coming from Germany and not Iraq, he didn't wear his uniform (which I wanted him to because it would make great pictures, oh well)
We were both nervous to see each other, he even asked me a week before he came home "what if you don't like me anymore?" Now that he's back, I think he now knows that I really like him. :) He was also nervous about being a dad. For almost six months he would talk to Carter on the phone, skype, but he never really saw all the little things about Carter that I did on a daily basis.
Having Nathan home has been so surreal. I keep thinking he is going to be leaving me any day. It's been so much fun for Nathan and Carter to be together and watch Nathan make him laugh. I think Carter knew Nate from the minute Nate held him. He touched his face and knew that his dad was holding him. I think that was my biggest fear while Nate was gone after Carter was born, I was so worried Carter wouldn't want Nate to hold him and it would make Nate feel bad, but it was the complete opposite. It was love at second sight. :) Oh it's so nice to have him home. Welcome home Nathan and daddy!
3 comments:
I've always felt so bad for those guys that miss the pregnancy and birth of their kids. It must be so unreal for them...I appreciate them and their families sacrifices tremendously.
I love your pictures! Carter is so cute and chubby! I love looking at your blog and seeing your family all together again! I miss you Mindy!
so glad to hear your family has been reunited!!!! It's a special bond a daddy has with his children. There's no one like daddy!!!!!
Post a Comment