Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Poland!


Nathan had a four day weekend so we decided to go to Poland. Why Poland? Because they have the coolest pottery there and I just had to have some. It's about a four hour drive from our house. We didn't want to stay the night in Poland because we have heard that it can be pretty dangerous there. So we decided to stay the night in Dresden Germany. Dresden has a lot of history to it, the city was almost completely bombed during World Ward II.
This is a church that was re-built, and it was beautiful. Below is what was left from the old church after the bombing.
Down this alley was lots of different kinds of places to eat, we of course chose the pizza place, we always choose pizza over anything.
The next day we went to Poland. It was about an hour away from Dresden. I woke up so excited just thinking of what kind of Polish pottery I wanted to get. Below is the place we went that had the exact pattern I wanted.
Do you think I am a little excited here? We were there for approximately two hours. Good thing they had a couch in there because I think that is where Nate and Carter spent most of the time.
This was for sure a trip I will be going on again. (women will get together and make these trips in a day, they will leave at 4 in the morning and get back that night, whew!) Call me crazy, I think that's what I will be planning on doing soon!

5 comments:

Melissa & Jimmy said...

How fun! Jimmy brought me back some of that pottery and I love it. I am hoping we get stationed there sometime in the future and I will do the exact same thing! Your little guy is so ADORABLE! Miss you guys. Super happy you are all together again!

Army Family said...

We really need to plan a pottery trip sometime, I want to get a few things!

Anonymous said...

We love reading of your adventures! Please lets Skype sometime!

Heather said...

Its official...you are a true- blue military wife now! :)

Lindsey said...

Ooooo.. I would spend lots in that pottery store! Another place to add to my list to visit when I get there. And Carter driving?! He's getting big but not that BIG! Love and miss you guys!