Monday, April 11, 2011

Day to Day

Sometimes I wish there was a freeze button and we could just re-live where we are in our lives today over and over. I wish I could keep Carter this age forever. I really wouldn't mind changing his diaper everyday for the rest of my life if I could just keep him little. I love being his mom and try teaching him new things. I hope that I can teach him what he needs to know about this life.

We are really enjoying our time here in Germany. There are so many times I forget we live in another country where we aren't always understood when we talk. I will always start speaking english like they are supposed to understand me, then I remember I am in their country not mine. I want to learn German. We are loving going to new places and learning the history behind it.

Nate and I currently have new callings in our ward. I am serving in the Primary Presidency as the 2nd counselor and Nate is the 2nd counselor in the Bishopric. (we both thought we were too young for this! ) :) We love our ward and the people in it. It's a mixture of military families and Germans. We spoke in church a while back and I only had to prepare a five minute talk which turned into about a fifteen minute talk after being translated.

Carter and I get to hang out everyday. I try and get out at least once a day whether we just go to the mall (I love their mall!) or hang out with Carter's little buddy, Aiden. We go on lots of walks too. We sometimes meet Nate for lunch if he doesn't come home. We are so lucky to live close enough to base that Nate can come home for lunch everyday. I have been going to spinning classes and love them. (thanks to my friend Amy that begged me to go) I wanted to throw up the first few times but now I look forward to them. My time. I also have been cooking way way way too much. Lately I have had an obsession with looking for recipes and trying every one of them, and of course desserts have made their way above all of them.

I pretty much feel like we are playing house. It's so fun to be here in our little home (which I will get pictures posted soon!) with my cute little family.

5 comments:

Katie Webb said...

I'm so glad you're happy and that you love Germany!!

Jenny said...

Sounds like you are living a dream! I bet it is still more work than you let on :)

Isn't it so nice to be able to look at your life and think "I am happy".

I wish I had some of the cool experiences you are having before I "settled".

Jared and Jess said...

I love following your blog. I feel more in touch even though I haven't talked to you forever! It sounds like you are happy and I have to say your little guy is so stinkin' cute!

Meagan said...

I'm so glad that you are loving your time in Germany. I know what you mean, sometimes I wish I could pause time and stop my kids from growing up so fast. It's great to be able to stop and look at life and appreciate it while you're in the moment.

Unknown said...

I love Carter. He such a good lookin kid.