A couple of weeks ago we went to London! It was such a fun, fast trip! We went with some of our friends, and had a great time with them. We left on a plane early morning Friday and came back early morning Monday. I told you it was fast. As tired as we were I think we were able to see most of everything that we wanted to. This wasn't my first time in London, but the first for Nate. My grandparents served a mission in London about seven years ago and we got to go see them. We didn't rent a car, our main travel was bus, subway and a ton of walking. It was also neat to be there after the Royal wedding. We stayed at my grandparents friend, Ruby's home. She lives in a apartment and the apartment underneath her is vacant for visitors.

You can see the London Eye behind us. That is the only thing we didn't get to do. I did that the last time I was there, and it takes you around the wheel really slowly so you can see the whole city.

Buckingham Palace! That day we were there we couldn't get too close to it because they were rehearsing for the Queen's Birthday that is coming up.

Westminister Abby. This is by far my favorite place in London. I couldn't wait to go back and see it again. Also it was really neat to be there almost exactly a month after the big wedding. It was kind of cool to think that we stood where millions of people watched on t.v.
We're standing right outside the Westminister Abby where Princess Kate walked in. Pretty awesome I tell ya!The Tower Bridge.

We went on a boat ride tour. Carter was having so much fun, he was crawling all over, he was so happy to be out of the stroller.

And of course the phone booth.

In front of Big Ben.

Riding on a double decker bus.

We ate at the Hard Rock Cafe. Thanks to our babies we got to be the first in line, there were a ton of people. If you look at Carter's face, a waitress painted his face to look like a puppy. He looked really cute.

My friend Amy couldn't wait to go here, she is a big Harry Potter fan. In the book they go to this Platform to go to Hogwarts school. Also this is where they filmed it in the movie.

London at night. The London Bridge behind us. So pretty.

This is Ruby, we love her! She took us to her church where my grandparents also went and many of the ward members remembered my grandparents. My grandparents helped Ruby join the church so they have stayed in contact with each other since their mission and are good friends. She is the nicest lady ever. After church she fed us an amazingly, huge, delicious meal. Then she drove us to the Temple. Nathan rode in the front seat of the car and he was on edge the whole time. He kept forgetting that the cars drive on the opposite side then we do. It does play with your mind!

It was so fun to be there. I get such a special feeling every time I go to the Temple even though we didn't go in, but walked around the grounds. It is beautiful!
Other things we did that I didn't post pictures of were: we went to the Winston Churchhill war rooms. That was awesome! I learned a lot! It was so neat to see where Churchill managed the war in a cellar underground. We went to the London Arch and climbed to the top where we could see Buckingham Palace and see the guards with their horses riding to it. We went to the Tower of London that was a Castle where all the traitors went to be executed. Also we saw a celebrity at the subway! What is a celebrity doing riding the subway anyways? She was a Dr. on ER, can't think of her name but she had curly hair with a british accent. She was married to Dr. Green. She probably lives in London hence the accent. :)
This trip felt like it came and went by too fast. We are so glad we went. We are for sure going back again before we leave Germany. You can come with us too ya know!!

2 comments:
So fun!!!! I love all of your travel pictures!
I LOVE your dress! Where did you get it? :) I am so jealous you guy's got to go there, especially so soon after the royal wedding! Lucky ducks
Post a Comment