Saturday, May 21, 2011

Nurnberg Zoo

Last week we went to the Nurnberg Zoo as a family. Nurnberg is about 25 minutes from our house and we love going there for Ikea, my favorite pizza place, and there is also a fun swimming place there. Carter is old enough to recognize and love animals, so we thought this would be fun for him and us too. It was a nice, big zoo with lots of walking. It was perfect weather and not too many people.

This was Carter's face for most of the day. In this picture he was watching the monkey's. For his first birthday he is going to have a monkey party. (sniff, my baby really is going to be one!)

I think he saw one of us talking on the phone because he was trying to do the same thing.
They had a petting zoo of little goats. He was having so much fun with them. I kept my eye on that goat to make sure he wasn't going to take a bite out of my baby.
By the end of our visit to the zoo Carter apparently didn't want his picture taken anymore. What a funny boy.
We will be for sure going back to the zoo. It was a fun day!

7 comments:

Nicole said...

so fun! I want to go to the zoo with you guys!

Meagan said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE that last picture! So adorable. That boy is just the cutest, little thing. I love the first picture of him as well. Such a cutie! I want to go to the zoo with you guys, too. Let's make it a reunion event!

Jamie said...

That kid keeps gets cuter! And chubbier. :) He is the cutest thing!

Lindsey said...

I love his face in the first picture! He looks like he is having so much fun! That boy isn't afraid of anything!

Em Levy {orange + barrel} said...

Carter is so big!! I can hardly believe it!

nicwoo said...

Oh lovely. I can't get enough of your kiddo's little face. Love the squish at the end. :)

Brittanie Meinzer said...

oh mindy he is so cute! He has the cutest little smile! Hope you guys are doing good over there!