
(this picture was taken on Carter's first train ride to Nurnberg. Not a great picture, but we don't have a lot together, and we didn't take any on mother's day!)
Being a new mother I also will get to have a lot of "first's" along with Carter. I love it. Last Mother's day last year when I was hugely pregnant with Carter, I couldn't really say it was my first mother's day. I know that I was mothering a child that wasn't born yet, but I considered this one to be the first. I was so spoiled. Previously to the special day I went shopping and whenever I know that my birthday is coming up, or now mother's day, I always justify it in my mind to spend money on myself and not feel guilty. I called Nate first to tell him he bought me my mother's day gift so he wouldn't have to worry. Well he spoiled me and bought me a grill. :) I just have to laugh because I know that this was more of a shared gift but hey, there was an occasion and he wanted a grill, so perfect. I keep teasing him that I am going to buy him jewelry on father's day. Also Carter got me a really cute card with a great smelling candle. I love my little boy that made me a mother. I feel so blessed.
2 comments:
I know that many mothers appreciate the gift of children, but it seems like those of us who had to work hard for them have a different kind of appreciation.
Sweet. Happy Mother's day, from now on, Mindy! You are a terrific mom.
Post a Comment