Monday, June 6, 2011

The Big "One"

My baby is one!! One years old, twelve months, 365 days old!! Where did that time go? I thought I would wake up on his birthday in tears but I found myself waking up at five in the morning excited for him. I couldn't wait to get him up and sing to him. Our precious little boy that I felt we waited forever for is now one. Happy Birthday sweet little boy!

We started the day by getting him from his crib and we sang to him.
His favorite breakfast is blueberry muffins. So that is what he had with scrambled eggs.
Nathan took half of the day off of work so we could spend as much time as we could with him. So for lunch we went to the mall and ate what will be his favorite lunch (because it's totally my favorite) which is a donor. It's turkish food that is amazing!
After his nap we took him to get his first haircut! I thought I would also cry with this one too, but ended up loving his little boy haircut. He looks like a little stud. He did so well, at first he didn't want her touching him, but once the lollipop came out he didn't care what was going on.
That night we had a birthday party for him. It was a monkey theme and I thought it turned out really cute.
His monkey cake. Nate and I had a lot of fun making this.
Monkey cupcakes for the party.
Oreos dipped in white chocolate with a runt banana on top.
Root beer.
Before the party started, he opened up most of his presents. Thank you grandma's and grandpa's for the fun gifts.
At the party we all sang to him. He wasn't too sure about the cake.
But it didn't take him too long to figure it out.
"what you lookin at?"
"I think I have a sugar headache"
This boy was a lot of fun to clean up. Chocolate in every crevice. Our bathtub had a nice chocolate ring around it. :)
After his bath we had a monkey pinata.
Thank you everyone that came to celebrate with us. I think he had a great birthday. Carter we love you so much and we are so glad you are a part of our family. We love the cute, active person you have become. Now you can stop growing and stay our little baby. Happy Birthday Carter Judd!

In case you are wondering if he slept at all that night from all that sugar, he did! I think it was a sugar coma and he slept peacefully all night. :)

7 comments:

S Semon said...

That is the cutest first birthday stuff ever! I am so happy for you and your little miracle!

Jamie said...

Those pics were cracking me up! I love that he poses so well for his pictures!! The cake pictures are so cute!! Love his little haircut! Happy Birthday Carter!

Kristi said...

SOOOO CUTE!!! Can't believe he is already one! Love the cake pictures....looks like he had fun :) Happy Birthday little Carter Judd!!!!

Julie said...

Hey Mindy,
Your little man is so, so cute. I could just pinch his cheeks. His birthday looked awesome. You are an awesome mom. I'm glad that you guys are doing so well. Hey was that Sam and Alexis Scheid in your pics?? Tell them hi if it is.

Lindsey said...

I just love this little man so much! I'm glad he had a good birthday! Wish I was there! CUTE party by the way.

Meagan said...

Happy Birthday to your little man! The party looked adorable.

Jessica :) said...

Mindy this is the cutest party! What a fun, fun idea! And I can't believe Carter is a full year old. Of course, that also means mine is a full year old and that doesn't seem possible, either. Anyway, he sure is a cutie!