Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Summer Lovin

We are loving summer! I want summer to slow down but at the same time speed up so we can be with Nathan. It's hard believe it's already July, it's been super hot and hope we get some rain to help all the fires here, Idaho and Colorado. We're lucky we're not super close to any of them but have family that has been evacuated from the closeness of it. It's really made me think of what I would grab that I would need or has meaning if something happened like that. I hope I will be prepared if it does happen but sure hope it doesn't!

Some things that we have been doing so far this summer:

                                    I went in for a cleaning and had three cavities. Blah! The tooth that hurt the worst ended being a root canal. blah blah! My cousin's husband was my dentist and another cousin is his dental assistant. I felt very taken care of that they let me have the laughing gas!! I loved it so much I fell asleep! I didn't realize it until they were telling me to open my eyes and I thought they already were. Seriously, who falls alseep during a ROOT CANAL?!

We went to my cousin Jamie's house for a few days and Carter got to play with his cousins. They had so much fun going on this slide over and over until Carter pooped in his diaper and contaminated the pool. :)  

Having lots of fun at different splash pads. We love them! They are free and I don't have to worry about Carter drowning.
 While we were at my cousin's house near their house was a festival and we took the kids to ride some rides. Carter was in heaven, pure heaven. On almost every ride the workers had to let me in because Carter wouldn't let them take off his seat belt, he thought he was on there for good and he wasn't budging.


A picture of Carter and me at another cousin's birthday party. (I have a lot of cousins)

Carter getting another haircut. This has probably been his sixth haircut in a year. His hair grows so fast and I don't want to shave it. I love his hair! I love his face during haircuts, his face gets so serious and he won't smile or anything. 

We have been eating lots of popsicles and ice cream to stay cool. One thing that I have enjoyed has been going on nightly walks after I put Carter to bed. The sun is going down and it cools off. It's my favorite time of day. Oh summer, I love you.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

Ha ha I love his serious face while getting his haircut. That kid is so random.