Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Guilty Pleasures

I have a third love. First, of course is my husband. Second, my son and thirdly...food.
I don't know if it's the heat of the summer, enjoying restaurants that aren't in Germany,
 or just that I love it so much that I can't stop eating. So I thought I would remember
 these "guilty pleasures" in case I move on to better things, such as exercising. :) Now
 that would make some good pictures!! haha
              
 From Dairy Queen, Arctic Circle to store bought, I will never-ever refuse this stuff.
Recently I tried a recipe (the above picture) from Jamie Cooks it up and it was del-ish!
And it was made with no ice cream maker!
 
 My mouth is salivating as I look at this picture. If you have ever tried tres leche cake
from Cafe Rio and you loved it, well THIS IS BETTER THAN THAT!
I found it at The Sister's Cafe.
 Love, love love this popcorn mix from Costco. I first tried it at my in-laws.
It's really cheap and I don't feel too guilty about eating it since popcorn is like air, right? :)
It's the perfect ratio of sweet and salty. 
If Costco ever stopped selling this, I would have to take extreme measures by taking my
business elsewhere. :)
I love summer veggies! My sister works at a farmer's market and has
brought home lots of produce. I could eat a tomato like an apple with salt
 and pepper. Yum! With the zucchini I like to slice it up and dip it in egg and flour and
fry it in olive oil, then dip it in spaghetti sauce. So good!
 
Nathan comes home in less than a week for r&r!!! That means lots of eating because
I am sure he is missing all the American food. I don't think I will have any problems
helping him adjust!!
 

3 comments:

Meagan said...

You have good taste. All of it looks delish. I am the same...I LOVE food. Pretty much my favorite thing to do is eat. :)

Yay for Nathan coming home soon! So excited for you guys.

Sarah said...

Mindy, you are my kinda girl!!! Miss you! Have fun with your hubby!

Katie Webb said...

I've been catching up on your blog. I just love you! Carter is adorable and I must say I'm so jealous that you're surrounded by family and in Utah!